> > > Book Field Trip Online < < <
Groups with less than 60 students submit by using the forms below.
K3 – 2nd Grade Form 3rd – 5th Grade (STEAM) Form
Teacher’s GuideTEKS (Exhibit Objectives) Formulario en Español
Children will learn through role-playing, discovery, and imagination while exploring 15,000 square feet with over 10 exhibits like All Worlds Cafe, Under the Sea, HEB Buddy Market, Texas Farm House, Outdoor learning Garden, Construction Zone, Dr, Bones, Tinker Toy, and our exciting temporary exhibits.
The museum is located in the beautiful Dean Porter Park, where lunch may be enjoyed after your visit. The park is equipped with an outdoor covered pavilion filled with picnic tables. Outside bathrooms and water fountains are also available if needed. The park is filled with lush green grass and a playground for the kids to enjoy.
Book your class field trip today! For more information on our field trip services, please call 956-548-9300.
Oh, and don’t forget to bring spending money to buy unique items in Sunny’s Toy Shop.
*Group discounts apply to groups of 30 or more (not to exceed 120 students) at $8 per person.
*Please note that we do not accept field trip applications the week of spring break in March but groups are welcome to join us as walk-ins.
Group Policies & Procedures
Field Trip Policies
- Absolutely NO FOOD, DRINKS, or GUM are allowed on the Museum Gallery Exhibit Floor.
- Lunch may be eaten outside at the beautiful Dean Porter Park (no reservations needed).
- There are absolutely NO REFUNDS on payments made over the original invoiced amount approved by the host teacher prior to the field trip.
- NO CREDIT is provided for Students/Teachers/Para-professionals who were unable to attend the field trip and were originally invoiced.
- NO CREDIT is provided for any guests included in the field trip who do not participate in the arts/craft session or Stuffee health presentation as scheduled.
- Year Passes holders and/or Lucky Passes are not allowed to be used toward payment of a field trip.
- Cancellation or rescheduling of a field trip must be done 15 days prior to the scheduled visit or the party will be responsible for the cost incurred. A 50% deposit or a district Purchase Order is required 30 days prior to reserving a date for any field trip.
Field Trip Payment Policy
School Check or Cash Payments
If you are paying with a school check or in cash, ½ of the invoice total amount must be paid at least 30 days prior to the visit. The remaining balance must be paid in full the day of the visit. Adjustments to the final count of students may be made on the day of the field trip (+/- attendees).
Purchase Order Payment
A purchase order form must be presented to the museum office manager at least 30 days prior to your visit. Adjustment to the final count of students WILL NOT be made to the field trip payment amount upon arrival. The total billed amount submitted on the initial PO must stand. Additional students can be paid for the day of the field trip or, if necessary, a secondary invoice can be sent out to cover additional students. Subject to approval by the manager on duty: Teachers and/or Parents can account for any missing students from the counts on the purchase order.
IMPORTANT: All field trips must be paid in full the day of the visit.
Field Trip Cancelation Policy
Cancellations are accepted 15 working business days (M-F) prior to your scheduled visit. The notice of cancellation must be made in writing either by postal mail or via email. Once the cancellation is acknowledged, an e-mail confirmation will be sent back to the person making the reservation to confirm your cancellation. If no cancelation is received and acknowledged, the school will be responsible for the full amount invoiced.