The Endowment Fund of the Children’s Museum of Brownsville will ensure that the ongoing generosity of our community is leveraged to successfully drive the museum’s impact on the lives of generations of visitors to come. The Endowment will allow our unique organization to drive its mission of Introducing Children to a World of Learning via exhibits and educational programs.
As the only Children’s Museum in the Rio Grande Valley, our Museum strives to bring children, families and communities together for creative play in a safe and culturally based environment. The Children’s Museum of Brownsville has served the families of the Rio Grande Valley since 2005 and offers generational learning opportunities. We encourage play and creativity through nurturing family interaction. Our museum builds on emotional intelligence and provides an increased quality of life for all families in our region.
Through the generosity of contributors to the Children’s Museum of Brownsville we are close to reaching our one million dollar goal for the endowment fund. The Endowment fund of the Children’s Museum of Brownsville will truly make an impact in longevity of our organization for generations to come.
The following forms of gifts, among others, are acceptable when otherwise in accord with this policy:
- Tangible Personal property
- Real Estate
- Remainder Interests in Real Property
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Retirement Plan Beneficiary Designations
At the core of this investment policy are a set of fundamental beliefs which are the foundation of all investments.
- Endowment funds are perpetual funds. The endowment fund will take a long term view in setting investment policy.
- The Endowment Fund will sustain a corpus of the investments as a base for the life of the fund.
- Diversification and balance in our portfolio are priorities as they will reduce risk and increase return over the long term.