Can’t wait to see you at Chalk Art. Registration and chalking starts at 9am. See you at the Children’s Museum.
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The Children’s Museum of Brownsville reserves the right to deem subject matter as inappropriate
(i.e., drugs, violence, nudity) and may result in disqualification from the contest.
2. All Children, Youth and Adult artists who are competing must pay an individual registration fee.
3. A 5’x 5’ sidewalk surface in Dean Porter Park will be provided for youth and adults. A 4’x 4’ surface will be provided for Children in the Plaza in front of the Children’s Museum of Brownsville. Artists must bring their own chalk. Use of personal sidewalk chalk, pastel chalk and charcoal is allowed. Specialty chalk (glitter chalk, glow chalk, spray chalk, oil pastel etc.) are NOT allowed.
4. The event will take place throughout Dean Porter Park at 501 Ringgold Street in Brownsville, TX.
5. Pre-registration is open online or at the Children’s Museum of Brownsville. The price is $10 per person, per square for Children (Ages 1-10), $15 per person, per square for Youth (Ages 11-16) and $20 per person per square for Adults (Ages 17 & up). Youth, children and adult artists receive a square on a first-come, first serve basis. All squares are assigned and of uniform size.
6. Check-in begins at 9:00 am. Designs must be completed by 1:00 pm. Artwork will be judged from 1:00 – 1:30 pm and the Awards Ceremony will take place at 2 pm in front of the Children’s Museum.
7. Snacks and drinks may be purchased at the concession stand.
8. Please fax registration form 956.504.1348, email email@example.com or drop it off at the
Children’s Museum located in Dean Porter Park, 501 E. Ringgold Street #5 Brownsville, TX 78520
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH RULES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM EVENT.